The NCPA Foundation advances independent community pharmacy through scholarships to pharmacy students, research/programs to improve the success of independent pharmacy and patient care, community health awareness programs, and aid to community pharmacy owners for their recovery in the event of disaster or other adverse circumstances.
Who We Are
The NCPA Foundation is a nonprofit, philanthropic 501(c)(3) organization established in 1953. The foundation is completely autonomous and relies on external support from individuals and corporations to maintain its far-reaching programs—including those that help develop the future leaders and entrepreneurs of the community pharmacy profession.
There is no other foundation in the United States solely dedicated to research, education and public outreach on behalf of independent community pharmacy. Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent permitted under federal tax law. Federal tax ID: 90-0633086.
Our Core Focus
- Stimulating pharmacy ownership and entrepreneurism in pharmacy students and pharmacists
- Distributing educational aid to pharmacy students with a demonstrated interest in community pharmacy
- Providing financial support for independent pharmacies in the event of disaster, accidents, illness, or other adverse circumstances
- Supporting research to advance the competitive position of independent pharmacies in the health care marketplace
- Educating communities on the important and unique benefits of independent pharmacy services